How many Operating Systems can you name ?

Operating systems
The other day when I was trying out Haiku, I had a sudden brain wave. How many operating systems - old or otherwise can I really name? And how many of these have I actually used? To tell you honestly, I could name only a few including the ones I have used. Of course, I lumped all Linux distributions as one entity.

In fact, this is the list of operating systems I could name :

  • DOS (MSDOS, FreeDOS, PC DOS ...)
  • Linux (Fedora, OpenSuSE, Ubuntu, DSL, PCLinuxOS, ....)
  • Solaris (OpenSolaris, Belenix, Nexenta, ...)
  • BSD (FreeBSD, NetBSD,OpenBSD, PCBSD,...)
  • Apple MAC OS X (Tiger, Leopard, ...)
  • Microsoft Windows (Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
  • IBM OS/2, z/OS ...
  • Other Unix (Xenix)
  • Qnx
  • Haiku, BeOS
Over a period of time, I have written a couple of reviews of the ones I have used. So here is a question for you. How many operating systems can you really name? And out of those how many have you actually used (or tried out) ? Do you know of any really old operating systems apart from the ones mentioned in this list ?

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Sun solaris admin